Intern Business Development (m/w)
Soul Zen is the new eCommerce brand for a mindful and holistic lifestyle. Our mission is to enable women to find happiness in a balance of body, mind and soul and lend support on their quest for an independent and inspired self!
We are carefully curating a selection of aesthetic merchandise and combine it with an inspiring online magazine. We strive to be more than an eCommerce shop and will offer own designs under a private label right from the start.
We are the three founders Sarah, Sarah & Chris and are looking for you, a motivated, innovative and creative colleague, to join our team in Berlin, starting immediately.
You will work directly with the management team on building the fundamentals of a new business in rapidly emerging market. Depending on your profile and interests your role could for example revolve around building the core infrastructure for business intelligence or ramping up our operations for launch and the Christmas season. You are joining the team led by one of the three founders, but will collaborate closely across all departments - giving them the tools and the insights to drive their business and make decisions.
- You are the ears and eyes of Soul Zen providing the insights & recommendations that drive the business
- You have an integrated view of Soul Zen – end-to-end through all areas, connecting dots, numbers and people
- You collaborate across all functions – operations, marketing, content and website
- You are the mastermind of the data structure – what and how to collect, store & expose
- You build it mostly from scratch
- Where needed you build and maintain the reporting systems
What you bring
First of all, you should share our excitement about a mindful and holistic lifestyle. Furthermore we are looking for you, if you are
- Currently doing a Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant subject
- You embrace the way of working in a scaling startup: you see the big picture as well as going into the very detail. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- You understand the business, while being data driven
- You know the tools – Excel and some SQL and are not afraid of acquiring new knowledge in a self-taught manner on the fly
- You understand people and their requirements in terms of numbers as well, hence you are a great communicator
- You are able to work independently and in collaboration with the management team
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to learn how to build a business from the idea, through a very first online version to a scaling business
- Acquire unique knowledge in an extremely agile environment that will either get you hooked on entrepreneurship or provide you with a unique set of skills for any other career
- Assume responsibility early on as an integral part of the founder team
- Duration 3 months or up to 6 months as part of your university degree program - Fully paid
- Two wonderful office dogs Emil and Lucy